Design/Build Team Approach
- You get early cost input from the contractor as design ideas are developed, taking advantage of the cooperative team spirit to generate value-based design concepts.
- A Guaranteed Maximum Price can be determined early, right after the project scope is determined.
- Time saved because construction can begin before design is completed.
- The need for high cost change orders is eliminated.
- A/E fees and contractors’ fees are determined from the beginning, and are kept at a minimum.
- Communication is enhanced by eliminating adversarial roles.
- Construction costs are minimized by involving the contractor in decisions on materials and methods of construction during early design.
- Realistic completion dates are established by the contractor who will actually do the work.
Why Did We Form Diamond Design/Build LLC?
Integrated Design and Construction
- Single full service contract.
- Contractor-led pitfalls eliminated.
- Architect-led pitfalls eliminated.
- Balanced approach-value based services.
- Benefit of integrating responsibility of contractor and architect.
- Liability issues minimized.
- Benefits of a single contract.